Prerequisites for the Exchange Program
- No damages due fire or overheating
- The suspension plugs of the engine and their threads are not damaged in any way
- We require submission of all documents (completely filled in return delivery note, log book)
- The engine has no damages on cases, shafts, tooth wheels, cylinder heads with valves and ignition parts
- The engine may not give rise to additional costs due to prescribed, relevant airworthiness directives
- “SERVICE BULLETINS”, “SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS” or “SERVICE LETTERS” of the
manufacturer of the engine, that have not been carried out
- The disassembly of attachment parts of the aircraft manufacturer should not rise to additional costs for parts or manpower
- No parts, which are not included in the rate of general overhaul, are missed
- No parts, which are required for the initial test course according to the manufacturer’s instructions, are missed
- No impact stop
In case the costs of the general overhaul exceed 80% of the price of a new engine, an exchange engine will be supplied against additional costs following consultation with the client.
General overhaul and exchange program
Additional parts and damages that are not included in the standard overhaul package will be invoiced according to the spare part prices of the Core Credit. The cost will be not more than the maximum core credit amount.
Due to negative experiences in relation with too long retention times of exchange engines and the late return of worn out engines we are obliged to charge off the engine price and the Core Credit prior to delivery resp. to await the receipt of payment before delivery.
In the case the worn out engine is not returned to our workshop, we will recalculate the difference price to price of a new engine!
The repayment of the whole Core Credit or of a part of it is carried out following the assessment of the worn out engine in our workshops, latest after 6 – 8 weeks from receiving date on.
The price of a general overhaul of the propeller regulator will be fixed following its assessment (external service).
Submission of exchanged unit within 14 days.
“GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FRANZ AIRCRAFT ENGINES VERTRIEB GMBH” are valid for a contract order.